Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Starstuff

This image was inspired by this post by Emily Finke, who is a friend of mine. She puts it far more eloquently than I can, but the idea that we are all starstuff is one that resonates me and I wanted to try to figure out a way to convey it visually. I have no idea if it works for anyone besides me. I felt that anything literal would end up looking cheesy and worse, not convey the grandeur. Just picture it, a figure filed with stars courtesy of the power of Photoshop! Yeah, no.

The drawing was just in my sketchbook so the original is approximately 14"x11", but I think the appropriate size for this concept would be wall, or possibly billboard, with the flower very small in comparison to the entire composition. Drawn with Prismacolor marker and brush pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment